Areas of Expertise include:
- Environmental Operators Certification (level 2)
- Terminal City Fire Hydrants
- Water Modeling/Flow Testing
- Backflow assembly testing
- Unilateral Watermain Flushing and pigging
- Fire Hydrant line gate repairs
- Confined Space Entry Certification
- New Fire Hydrant installations
- Fire Hydrant mapping & fit numbers
CALL TODAY TO REQUEST
YOUR FREE ESTIMATE
Fire Hydrant Installations And Preventative Maintenance
BC fire Code: Inspected every 6months and after each use. At Coastal Utilities Solutions regarding fire protection we foremost ensure public safety and property, by adhering to the BC Fire Code, and the fire hydrant manufactures recommended preventative maintenance schedule. Coastal Utilities Solutions has 23 years as certified municipal water distribution operators, installing and maintaining fire hydrants ensuring proper function and access.
Fire flow tests are conducted on hydrants to determine water availability in planning for firefighting activities, fire sprinkler systems or domestic water demand. The tests are also useful in determining the general condition of the water distribution system by detecting closed valves or wall deposits.
A well-maintained water system enables firefighters to extinguish flames and prevent large-scale damage or loss of life. There are two types of fire flow tests.
- Main Capacity Test determines the water supply available in the water main. If you are designing a fire sprinkler system, use this test (residual hydrant + separate downstream flow hydrant).
- Hydrant Capacity Test determines the flow-rate available from the hydrant and if it will deliver in a fire emergency situation. If you are performing fire flow tests of hydrants, use this test (residual hydrant and flow hydrant are the same one). Both tests are valid and discover valuable engineering information as well as test the integrity of the piping system components. It is important to perform the correct test.